Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Week in Review




Nothing too exciting this past week. We were supposed to go to Dickinson for the Miller Lite Softball Tournament, but it was cancelled because of the tornado that hit Dickinson on Wednesday. Yes, a tornado in Dickinson.

On Friday, Riley, Jordan and I met our friends Corey and Keri out at Sibley Park. We grilled and had a campfire. Jordan did so good. He fell asleep in my arms at the fire and we were able to stay out until about midnight when I was ready for bed. Yeah Jordan!

Saturday morning, Jordan and I went to Dickinson just to visit. We spent Saturday with my family and Sunday with Riley’s. Nothing too exciting, just hanging out and visiting. I was able to see some of the tornado damage, but nothing too major because they have blocked off the area to allow residents time to clean up. I am sure glad my parents’ don’t live on the southside anymore. It is sad to see the neighborhood I grew up in torn to pieces.

While Jordan and I were gone, Riley and Tyler did a BUNCH of yardwork. Yeah for them! They push mowed the entire two acres, since our riding mower is waiting repair. They also weeded all 90 chokecherry trees.

This coming weekend, we are heading back to South Heart. Rod is going to grill us dinner on Friday night, yummy!

Oh yeah, Jordan learned a new trick, opening cupboard doors. So, on top of him taking all the lids out of the drawer, he now takes all the tupperwares out of the cupboard.

So long for now….

No comments:

Post a Comment